Four years ago, I went on an Island Mountain Ramblers’ trip to Lowrie Bay, and caught the bug–the bug of venturing (at low tide) along the shore and over headlands to the end of Hansen Bay. So when our trip to Nootka Island was cancelled due to COVID restrictions, I decided to return to Cape Scott, with the hope of forging our way along the lagoon to Nels Bight.
- June 7 – camped at San Josef Bay (#3 on the map)
- June 8 – over Mt. St. Patick to Lowrie Bay (10k; 6 hours 20 minutes)
- June 9 – attempted to get to Rasmus Creek, but fallen trees forced us back and we camped just south of the point leading into Hansen Bay (a 10-hour day!)
- June 10 – back to Lowrie Bay
- June 11 – home sweet home