2018 marks the Island Mountain Ramblers 60th anniversary. That’s a good number of years, definitely over the hill. It hasn’t been an easy journey. It marks countless footsteps, snowshoe tracks created and melted, booted routes wandered, and rocky bluffs scrambled. It’s a significant milestone.
To celebrate we are we are issuing a challenge to the membership. Come participate on club trips and walk the many ridges that Vancouver Island has to offer and earn the distinction of being an Island Mountain Ramblers: Ridge Rambler.
Hike 10 ridges from the list as a club hike, between May 1 st 2016 and December 31, 2018 to earn the distinction of being a Ridge Rambler. We are having crests made up to recognise the achievement.
Easy (day trips)
- Minnas Ridge
- Blackjack Ridge
- Rogers Ridge with Mount Beadnell
- Wesley Ridge Traverse
- Mount Moriarty
- Cedarstedt Mountain
- Mount Kokummi
- Mount Cokely : Rosseau Route
- Gemini Mountain
Medium (long day trips or multi-day trips)
- Boston Ridge
- San Juan Ridge (Kludahk Trail)
- Beaufort’s Special: Mount Cameron to Mount Tsable Traverse
- Squarehead Loop: Mount Curran, Squarehead, Mount Joan
- Flower Ridge
- Castle Crag – Frink Loop
- Mount Hooper
- Mount Sutton, the Ridge
- Mount Alston to Sutton Peak
- Crest Mountain Summit
Hard (multi-day trips with lots of elevation gain)
- Rees Ridge
- Crest Mountain to Idsardi
- Della Falls from Flower Ridge
- Philips Ridge Arnica Lake to the drop off to Carter Lake
- Philips Ridge: Arnica Lake to Mount Philips
- Sheppards Ridge
- Argus / Harmston / Cliffe Glacier Loop
Did we forget one?