The Island Mountain Ramblers are investing in our membership. We believe that when you have a strong skill set, you gain confidence and enthusiasm that will be reflected when you join trips. Whether you want to learn more about navigation, belay, avalanche safety, lead climb, or even kayaking, you can do so with the support of the Island Mountain Ramblers.
The education rebate is issued by the Island Mountain Ramblers to members that complete the online education rebate form.
- $25 for members
- $40 trip leaders (must have led a trip in the last 12 months)
- $50 for members taking Wilderness First Aid certification
- $75 for trip leaders taking Wilderness First Aid certification
Which courses qualify for the rebate?
There are a wide variety of courses that qualify for the rebate offer. This includes any course offered the MB Guiding and Island Alpine Guides; Romper Room, Ridge Wilderness and Alert First Aid. Basically, if you’re developing your skills it’ll likely qualify. For questions about specific courses and vendors, contact the club president —email@example.com
- The rebate offer is a limited time offer–while the budget lasts. Each member may claim the rebate up to two times this year;
- Rebates must be claimed for the year in which the course is scheduled;
- Events which are hosted by the club do not qualify for further rebates as they are already subsidized by the club. Please enquire for further details. If your course is with MBGuiding or Island Alpine Guides, be sure to contact the vendor as they offer our members 10% off their regular rate.
Claiming Your Rebate
You will need proof of payment for the course you took when you complete the rebate request. This can be a photograph of an invoice, a screenshot of an email, or a PDF. When you complete your rebate request.
Already, as a member of the Island Mountain Ramblers you get a 10% discount from MB Guiding and Island Alpine Guides.