On behalf of the Membership and Executive of the Island Mountain Ramblers (IMR), I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you as a 2020 member. Your membership expires on December 31, 2021.
Established in 1958, the club’s primary objectives are to provide mountaineering trips and other outdoor activities, as well as to work for the preservation of parks and wilderness areas. The club offers a variety of activities throughout the year, including easy hikes and challenging climbs, backcountry ski trips and snowshoeing outings, and sport climbing at local crags.
We hold two meetings a year, one in the spring and another in the fall. Here, we conduct the necessary Club business, watch presentations by guest speakers on a variety of topics, and socialize with each other.
Please, consider taking this quick survey so we can learn about what you would like from the Island Mountain Ramblers.
As a member of the IMR you enjoy these benefits:
- Access to our trip schedule;
- Subscription to The Ramblers’ Ramble, our email newsletter (subscribe);
- Membership in the Federation of BC Mountain Clubs (mountainclubs.org);
- Access to Cloudburst, the FMCBC semi-annual magazine publication;
- Comprehensive liability insurance while on club trips, through the FMCBC;
- Participation in Club organized courses, workshops, and rebates on education courses;
- A 10% discount on courses offered through Island Alpine Guides, and MB Guiding;
- Through 2020 we have education rebate offers for all renewing memebers;
- Access to the club’s library of books;
- Use of club equipment while on club trips (snowshoes, crampons and mountaineering axes), and;
- The enjoyment of outings in the mountains with a knowledgeable and amiable bunch of people.
You can learn more about the IMR, including our history, activities and affiliations, by visiting us online by clicking IMR Website or IMR Facebook fan page. Bookmark both sites for future reference and remember to “like” us on Facebook so you can receive updated information. Further if you want to get in touch with your fellow hikers online, join the Island Mountain Ramblers Connect group on Facebook. Here you can send messages and plan events together.
If you are comfortable leading a trip and would like to add a trip to the schedule please use the event creation form.
I hope you have a great year exploring Vancouver Island with us and I am looking forward to meeting you on one of the upcoming trips.
Thank you for joining our organization.
Island Mountain Ramblers