Information for Guests:
Update June 19, 2020
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Island Mountain Ramblers have suspended guest participation on club trips.
Annual Membership Types:
Update June 2020
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Island Mountain Ramblers have suspended new memberships until September 1, 2020.
If you are renewing your membership for 2020, please use the renewal page.
Use this if the Island Mountain Ramblers is the only FMCBC club you belong to
Choose this if you are joining with multiple people in your household
FMCBC Associate $16:
Choose this if you are already a member of a hiking club that is a member of the Federation of Mountain Clubs of British Columbia. For Example the Comox District Mountaineering Club (CDMC). NOTE: As of 2019, the ACCVI is not an associate club
Students have a special rate– we acknowledge the burden of tuition and books!
- Complete the online membership form.
- Payment of dues can be done in three ways: Paypal, by Cheque, in cash at one of the club meetings –held biannually.
- Complete an electronic waiver, or print and sign The FMCBC Universal Waiver, and bring it on your first hike.
Information About Payment Of Dues:
3-6240 Parkwood Drive
Nanaimo BC V9T 6K9
To pay your dues via e-transfer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- Online waiver
- Paper Waiver — use this instead of completing the online waiver
- FMCBC-Acknowledgement-of-Risk for individuals 18 and under
Accounting For Membership Dues:
All funds contribute to the growth and maintenance of the club. Your contributions pay for membership incentives, equipment, education rebates, and outdoor-advocacy initiatives, leader insurance and membership in the Federation of Mountain Clubs of British Columbia (FMCBC).
- Access to our trip schedule;
- Subscription to The Ramblers’ Ramble, our email newsletter (subscribe);
- Membership in the Federation of BC Mountain Clubs (mountainclubs.org);
- Comprehensive liability insurance while on club trips, through the FMCBC;
- Access to Cloudburst, the FMCBC semi-annual magazine publication;
- Participation in Club organized courses, workshops, and rebates on education courses;
- Access to the education rebate program;
- A 10% discount on courses offered through Island Alpine Guides, and MB Guiding;
- Access to the club’s library of books (we are still cataloguing);
- Use of club equipment while on club trips (snowshoes, crampons and mountaineering axes), and;
- The enjoyment of outings in the mountains with a knowledgeable and amiable bunch of people.
Island Alpine Guides
10% off education courses